2014 FLL WORLD CLASS Challenge
The Colorado Championship registration is by invitation only.
Championship invitations will be sent to
Golden Ticket Advancers following
the completion of ALL qualifiers.
Registration fee will be $75.
Championship requires TWO volunteer credits per team,
and we'll need 36-40 Judges worth 2 credits each.
BEGIN RECRUITING NOW!
The Championship is on January 17th, so you'll have time to prepare.
Thank you for your patience and have a
On this Colorado FLL site, you'll find:
- Colorado FLL Schedule - In case you hadn't heard, East Metro will be held Sunday Nov 16.
- Tournament registration is open! Please continue to recruit your volunteers!
- See Tournament Process Overview here.
- Before purchasing your tournament tickets,
a team Volunteer Commitment is required. See the details here.
- You still need to complete your team survey while recruiting your volunteers.
- Coaches can volunteer as judges FOR A DIFFERENT TOURNAMENT and fulfill the volunteer requirement.
- It's a great experience and will provide valuable insights for your team this season and/or for seasons to come.
- Help Registering with US FIRST systems:
- US FIRST Team & Volunteer Registration guides,
- Team building & registration: step by step instructions from US FIRST
- US FIRST Team Registration is open here.*
- There are several changes this year for registration, including...
- US FIRST's Youth Protection Program (YPP) safety training and screening requirements for coaches, mentors and volunteers.
- Volunteer registration for ALL volunteers is on the US FIRST Volunteer Information & Matching System: VIMS
- Consent and Release forms are collected electronically this year.
- coaches and volunteers will complete the C&R during their registration
- Team member parents must complete the C&R for their students here.
Colorado team counts:
- 327 Teams recorded, Sept 30
Please complete an electronic Consent & Release form for each participant (including coaches and mentors) on the US FIRST Team Information Management System, here (and linked above*). This is a MUST for every participant in any ColoradoFIRST qualifier or Championship tournament.
JR FIRST LEGO League
Do your team members have younger siblings that want to be involved? Check out our JrFLL information page linked at right.
Everyone should have received their personal team schedule via email. The schedule is also available from your team page.
Team Consent & Release
Please bring a printed copy of your team roster to turn in at check-in. See this guide from Lanese Hendrickson for details of how to create your report. If you cannot print your roster, please bring signed paper consent forms for each participant.
Thank You: Volunteer Calibration Teams
Thanks to teams 3796, 8853 and 2447 for volunteering for the calibration interviews!
Help Wanted: Elite Setup Crew volunteers!
I still need a few more coaches that know the field setup to help setup the fields at the Qualifier. Thank you if you have already signed up! Please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can help. We are expecting to start setup around 6:30pm.
Help Wanted: FLL World Class Field Setup Kits
There will be ~8 empty tables in the practice area next to the pits that need your FSK! Please bring your field setup kit (but not the table) to populate an empty practice table to share with the teams. We will have volunteers at the practice tables helping keep everything orderly. Please contact me (email@example.com) if you can help.
Last day for pizza orders! I have to turn in the numbers this evening.
Order pizza and support the Poudre Robotics team! $12 for a large cheese or pepperoni Papa John's pizza! Orders due by 9 pm Thursday 11/13.
No new pizza orders will be taken Saturday morning. Team 159 will be selling some pizza by the slice as well as other items at the concession stand.
T-shirt orders due Sunday 11/9! (more)
We will have limited quantities available for purchase at the event.
FLL World Class championship is scheduled for January 17th.
Tournament Day overview
Team check in will start at 7:30 AM. You should plan to arrive between 7:30 and 7:50 in order to have time to check in and set up your pit table before attending the coaches meeting at 8:10 AM. Please read the tournament day document for additional details. Only one person needs to check the team in, the rest can go immediately to your pit table. Please do not change tables - that makes it hard for volunteers to find you.
Don't miss the coaches meeting at 8:10 AM! We will go over how the tournament will work, the latest rule clarifications with the head referee, and give you the chance to ask any last minute questions.
Field Setup Kits
There will be 8-10 empty tables in the practice area next to the pits and I need help filling them! Please bring your field setup kit (but not the table) to populate an empty practice table to share with the teams. We will have volunteers at the practice tables helping keep everything orderly.
Every team has two scheduled practice matches. These are timed & scored matches in the main competition area.